Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yes Betsy, it still is on the top of A tree, not THE tree...




Yes, this is the ornament that Betsy made. Our little Norwegian with her braids!


Each year this became the traveling ornament. We would put it on one of the trees, usually on the tree in her room. Every year it would find its way to the living room tree, the family room, the kitchen...anywhere but on her tree.


Tongue depressors painted red is classic school ornaments.


Yes, this is one of my favorite things....



and so is this one...

This ornament was one that Betsy made when she was in her 2 year old Sunday School class! We loved this donkey and it continued to be special and had all of its parts...that is...until Jane decided to bite off the back leg. Yes, that did create some drama and tears...not from Jane...she was happy as a clam!







And let's not forget the Popsicle stick Star of David....covered with silver and gold glitter! To be real honest, I know that Betsy made this but don't know if it was in Sunday School or in school or maybe it was one of those times that she decided that the red star needed a companion. Yep, still up!!!! And still loved....

And though all of these are favorite, my heart still smiles when I think of my little girl who wanted to make a special ornament for all of the people that she knew. She was 2 years old. She was so serious. I cut out the main piece from the felt (we had several different colors!) and Betsy glued the rest of the things on. She was so proud when her daddy came home.
From the traveling star to the "scary" angel eyes, these are some of my favorite things. No, not because they are artistic. Not because they are worth lots of money.
Because they are treasures from my daughter. They bring smiles each year that I hang them on the tree.
That's why they are my favorite things...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay so we mention the little carnivore who likes leg o' donkey? Nice...you do realize that I made you a sparkly candle that melted because you stored it in the attic...not nearly as traumatic as being eaten, but still emotionally draining. I am going to go eat a cookie now. You have upset me! Besides lets poll America...who hangs a sugar cookie on a tree...really.