Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December 9th...in my garden...


Okay, so this is a quick break but I couldn't help it.
I have been using a lot of fresh parsley from my yard...I took this picture today. This patch started out as one little puny plant that looked sickly this spring. It is now taking over my patio garden spot...



This is what really caused me to take these pictures...yes, my geraniums are BLOOMING...and it is December 9th in Ferndale!!!
This plant was started with a stick...it is a bush fucia...and yes, it is blooming!




This is another geranium that is blooming in another part of the yard...

I am almost used to seeing the pansies all winter. These little happy faces stay around most of the winter. They start to get a little sad around February but then by April, they are up and blooming...






Ever since I read the book, The Primrose Day by Carolyn Haywood to our girls I have loved to see these flowers. They too, are the brave little souls that love to bloom throughout the winter and early spring.
We planted the pansies and the primroses the first year we were here, now, I pull them like weeds...or give them to anyone passing by...
Roses? In December? yep, these beauties were blooming today when I got home and so I snapped a picture of them







Same bush, different roses...
For today, it is looking around and seeing the things that I haven't grown up with...
roses, geraniums, pansies in December...fresh parsley...
And they are my favorite things...for today...






No comments: