Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Atten....tion....


This little soldier was made by Jane, our younger daughter, when she was in the 3rd grade. It has stood somewhere in our house since that time. Almost 20 years...How does that make you feel Jane?
Jane had a difficult 1st and 2nd grade. She needed a change from the neighborhood school. After much prayer, we petitioned and she was accepted to transfer to the elementary school where I was teaching and had Mrs. Kathy Jarolimek as her teacher. At Christmas time, I loved going into Kathy's classroom for 2 reasons....she read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever each year to her class AND she made these soldiers. I was so excited when it was Jane's turn to be in her classroom for Christmas. The book still remains my favorite (and should bring smiles to Jane, Betsy, and Steve just thinking of the Herdmans) and I love the box that holds this treasure.
(The change was such a blessing in so many ways. She was able to go to school with me, walk to her Grammie's house whenever she wanted to, and the teachers knew her mother and therefore, understood Jane's personality and humor. When I see this little soldier, it reminds me how wonderful the blessings of God. One decision can make a huge difference in our lives. It was certainly more than the soldier and the book, but this little soldier is just a reminder of the many blessing that began the first day of 3rd grade for Jane.)
Today, this is one of my favorite things.....

1 comment:

Tengesdal 4 said...

I can't wait until tomorrow... I just know that my red popcicle stick star with my picture in the middle is going to be your next favorite thing....... I just can't wait....