Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fun, Food, Friends...what a great day...and one of my favorites...

When we moved to Washington there was a group of people for whom I was very thankful. Steve worked with a group of ladies at the funeral home who were so much fun AND they liked me. We had our 4th Annual Christmas Brunch for the Moles Ladies. We add people every year and we always have a wonderful time. I have grown to love each of these ladies and this is a day that I look forward to in December.(And they tell me that they do too.)

They come, eat new recipes which is always an experiment and always tweaked a little. They find their silverware in a pair of Christmas socks. And they love their socks. Today, we had breakfast burritos and Mary decorated them with sour cream and Holly put on the green onion and cheese...what a team...
It makes me so excited that they love coming because I love having them.



But the fun didn't end at noon. When we moved to Washington, we left our small group in Bismarck and we wanted to find another group because our small group was so important to us in Bismarck. Within a few months we were in a small group. We have done life together, we have served together, laughed and cried together, and have grown to love one another. We had our annual Christmas family party... (They came to our house for the annual Soup supper on Thursday)

Of course there was a table full of food, stories, and we exchanged ornaments this year instead of white elephant gifts...



Georgean, Michelle, Tawney, and I have had some great times together...I consider them to be gifts from God.

Tawney has many rabbits...this one kind of reminds me of Tigger...So I thought I'd add it to let Jane have happy memories of Tigger in the springtime...

Tawney has 2 cats...This one is Archie and he was pretty intent trying to get Jim's food. Don't worry...
Jim won, and he kept his food, poor Archie didn't get even a lick...
Fun, Food, and Friends...
I think it is only the friends that make the top list of favorite "things" today. God has given us people who love us out here. When we moved to Washington, it was my secret fear that no one would like us, actually, no one would like me...God has given us friends who do love us. But more importantly, we love them and count them as gifts from our Heavenly Father.

No comments: