Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trip to Seattle for the Sisters...

On Monday, we went to Seattle...we were going to drop Jane off at the airport and send her home to Andy and meet my sister at King Street Station...

We went to King Street Station first...



While we were there, we had some time to be together and these are some of the things we found to do...

Steve thought that we should sit down, so he found the most uncomfortable place to sit...but it was the original seats in the Station....


We read all about the revitalization of the Station...Jane was intent on the facts...and 6 years from now, she will remember what she read...what a mind....

We had a tutorial session on taking self-portraits. I knew who the master of self-portraits was so I got some pointers...

Yeah!!!! Sandy made it and we were beginning our 30+ hours together...she likes the train better than the plane! She is sold, in fact!!!!

We went to Redondo Beach (Seatac, WA) and ate at Salty's. It was great! We were right on the water...then it was a rush to get Jane to Seatac airport...


Steve took us to our hotel in Seattle. We had the Best Friends package at the Roosevelt Hotel. It was great! We had a certificate to get our hair cut in one of the up-scale salon, lots of Macy's coupons, and it was great. Here we are posing in the lobby...Sandy kept saying..."hey, we have never been to the big city" so often that we had to have a talk. I thought that telling her that it wasn't right to say that out loud...she decided that it would be much more fun to say that we just got out of jail! To be honest...that was a better story.

We went to the saloon which was actually a salon... and shopped on the way.


I turned my back for a minute and found Sandy talking to her new friend...we had another talk.
(Note, she is hanging onto the flipper and talking...what can I say...she is my older sister.)

*EDITOR'S NOTE: She was very worried what I would post on my blog. :-)

We shopped at Macy's so much that the clerks recognized us! Good or bad thing? Not sure!

We shopped at Nordstroms and the Rack...

We had a mantra....eat it or wear it!!!

Sandy asked our waiter on Tuesday which was the quickest way to get to King station and found out there is a world that lives under the streets of Seattle...the bus world! And it's free!

Here we are testing that self-portrait lesson...and we were on the bus system under the streets of Seattle...We told our driver we wanted to get off at the International District so when we got off at Pioneer Square, she said, "Not now!" We went up these steps and then realized we were not where we thought we were so down the same flight of steps...and back on the bus...but we were able to take some cool pictures of the underground system.
Here's a look at the tunnel from the 2nd floor...Sandy loved the ceiling!

When we got off at the "right" stop, we were across the street from China town and the King Street Station....
We waited for Sandy's train. She left at 5:30 and I left at 6:45. It was a great time....
Some highlights that weren't captured on film:
1. Make overs and eyebrow waxing...My sister cannot handle anything touching her lips...
2. We laughed and laughed! We had such a good time. If I were to tell you some of the things that we laughed about?....you probably wouldn't think it is funny, but the sisters had a GREAT time.
3. A time of pride: When we finished what we could eat for lunch, Sandy said, we should package this up and give it to the homeless outside. Okay...I had to think about this...some of these people go dumpster diving to get their food. So our waitress, who encouraged us to do this, packaged the meals with napkins and forks and knives and off we went. We walked outside and Sandy went over to one man and asked if he would like the food. He looked at her and said, "yes, ma'am and thank you and God bless you."
I gave her my bag and we saw a lady who had a sign that said, "Pennies help". Sandy asked the same question. The woman looked up and said, oh, thank you so much. God bless you.
I would never have thought of this, but we didn't throw the food...
I was so proud of my sister!
This was the end of day 2 of the Sister's trip. It was a perfect time. We had sun and fun. We decided that it was the first Sister trip...but was not the last!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So... just checking.... did you go to the salOOn with shopping on the way or did you go to the salOn with shopping on the way?? Either way- saloon makes for a better story (especially considering you'd all just gotten out of jail!).... :)
And I LOVE that Sandy talks to fiberglass animals-- now I know where I got my obsession with those things!! (My family groans now when they see one b/c they know that we'll have to pose!)