Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tip toe through the tulips....

On Friday Carol, my friend and Steve's sister, and I went to Mount Vernon to see all of the tulips. We had a great day.

First, we went to lunch. We ate at the Calico Cupboard and spent time enjoying one another UNTIL...this is where the dark music should begin...a rose colored light shining down on the two of us...and all movements are in slow motion....
Scene set...We paid for our lunch and I looked for my keys. (NOTE TO MY CHILDREN: This losing things is not something that has happened recently.) I looked in pockets, the bathroom, the place where we sat while waiting for a table...Nothing. I began to panic! Carol said, oh, maybe you left them in the car. I REMEMBERED locking the door. Steve has come to many places and rescued me however never 1 hour away from home. We walked out to the car and Carol climbed in...flashback...I remembered locking the doors. Curious.... Then she nodded her head to let me know that the keys were in the car. I opened the door...and sure enough the keys were in the ignition...AND the car was running. I learned several things:
1. Cars will not lock when the engine is running.
2. Parking in a limited time (2-3) hour spot would indicate that you are coming back...in what?
3. People in the Mount Vernon area can be trusted not to take things from a running car.
4. AND no one TOOK the car.
We went off to the tulips and had a great rest of the day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few comments (in no order):
*locking your keys in the car- not new/forgetting to turn off the car before getting out- THAT is a new thing
*i once heard abt a girl who locked keys in a car @ a campground- her dad said "THINK" (did your husband use this witty & sensitive line??)
*i do love alliteration- obviously s do you based on the 2 most recent posts
*happy bday carol
*mmmm...I like quiche @ the CC