Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter eggs and Jane...and....

Martha Stewart! Jane was coming and we knew that we had to dye Easter eggs. She loves that. My sister called and told me that she had watched Martha's show and was going to try a different method of egg dying....
Not that we are the least bit competitive...
I knew we had to do it too...
So, I watched the video, got some silk...from Steve's closet-o-ties!, and we were ready.
We came home from Port Townsend and we got things ready. Jane said she learned about blogging from her sister so she assembled our steps and took pictures!
1. ASSEMBLE: Get 100% silk material...old ties will do. RAW eggs. Muslin and twist ties
2. START: Wrap raw eggs in silk, then in muslin, and then use twist tie to secure both fabrics.
3. BOIL: put the wrapped eggs into a glass pan and boil for 20 minutes with water and 1/2 cup of vinegar! My sister did this and forgot the vinegar. :-)
Take them out and let the little bundles cool completely.
FINALLY....unwrap and be amazed! This was the one with the tie...
And the purple one....
And all of the masterpieces...
great idea....fun project!
I didn't hear about my sister's eggs...the ones without the vinegar...more on that later because Sandy and I are meeting today in Seattle for a Best Friends Forever overnight at one of the hotels! Don't worry...I'll have pictures!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I was looking for a friend from college and found your blog. You mentioned MariLynn Rockne in a post from December and I am wondering if it could possibly be the same person. She would be in her late 30's, tall, with brown hair. The MariLynn Rockne that I knew went to college at Moorhead State University.

Thanks so much! God's blessings to you.

Sarah