Monday, April 6, 2009

A day on the water = 3 weeks of tension release!

Last weekend Steve had Friday off. I had 3 papers due AND a final to study for so...we checked the weather and realized that Sunday would be a perfect day to go to Orcas Island...One of the San Juans. I studied like crazy on Friday and Saturday and got most of my studying done.


So, right after church we set out for Orcas on the ferry. I drove and Steve quizzzed me (using my flash cards) about Buddhism, Islamic, and Jewish religions...*** See note below


***I slept great that night but he said he woke up severa times because we hadn't studied Buddhism like he thought we should.


As we were on the ferry, I felt the tension drain from my body...it is such a fabulous time to relax.



When we got to Orcas we headed up to Mount Constitution...we had heard about this from seveal people, but Gus, our brother-in-law, had asked us several times if we had been there...


This isn't our car but I had the couple take this of us for my sister and her family. It's a Mustang!!!!!!





On the way up, we saw quite a bit of snow...and the path to the top was a combination slush and ice...and we really weren't wearing the best shoes for the conditions...But we climbed to the top and the view was breathtakingly beautiful...We could see many of the San Juan Islands...we were, after all, 2400 feet above sea level....



This is one of the scenes that we saw...
Sea gulls made it their personal goal to greet the ferry when we pulled into each port...



We said good bye and headed home again. We did exactly what we wanted to do and realized again the bonuses that we have out here when the sun is out and the day was perfect...

It was another day that God showed us His blessings....

No comments: