Friday, January 13, 2012

Your ways, O Lord...

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near....
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."....
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mounts and the hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
~Isaiah 55: 6, 8, 9, and 12


This morning I walked out of our house and was hit with the magnitude of His creation.
Mount Baker was there in her all of her white snow-capped splendor. I couldn't help but stop and praise Him. He knows our path, created this earth for our enjoyment and reminds us of His presence.

That's how my day began...praising Him for His magnitude and worshiping Him in awe and wonder. But, then as the day wore on, things happened and my eyes were taken off of Him.
Tonight as Steve held me in his arms and assured me that our lives are in the hands of Him who loves us, sent His son to die so that we might have life. As we prayed together, and I dried my tears on the sleeves of my pajamas, I tried, unsuccessfully, to go to sleep.

Sleep escaped me and then I was reminded of:
My two little Omaha monkeys and their request that they made to Jesus...twin sisters for their family. I smiled and rejoiced because of their developing love of God and their faith in Jesus to answer their prayer!

My little munchkin in Fargo who "ran" away from her mom this morning. When Emma walks...she toddles. When she runs, she puts her hands straight out behind her and...toddles. The speed doesn't change except in her head.

I began to count all of the blessings that He has given me and I praise His name. As I was trying to go to sleep, this song came to me:

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain

You see, that no matter what happens in my life, Great is His faithfulness to me.

Isaiah reminded me that His thoughts are not my thoughts. His ways are not my ways. His plan may not be my plan...whose plan do I want? His.

Lord, give me the desires of your heart. Draw me close and let me worship and praise you. Let the unexpected never overwhelm me and let me praise you for the blessings that you have given me...thank you for your faithfulness and the excitement of a new path...and following your plan...Amen

No comments: