Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Life....

Look! Can you see?
Sometimes I think that God says that to me.
I look at a situation and I see the mess and the mess that I am making of it.
When He says:
Look! Can you see?
I don't see anything.
I see the dead spirit that needs to be awakened. I see the weeds of my life that need to be excavated from my life.
I see the sin and depravity...
He sees the new life that He is creating in me at unexpected times and in unexpected places.


Look! Can you see?
Can you see the small little shoots of...I am not the gardener...daffodils? crocus? grape Hyacinth? In March, in Washington, this is not a significant sight. In April the blossoms will burst forth in a rainbow of color.

In January...on January 5th, this is an unusual sight.

God uses these times, in January, in the middle of the storm, in the darkest of nights to say to me:

Look! Can you see?
For the creator of the universe, the Great I AM sees beyond the weeds of despair, hopelessness, and darkness to see the bulbs of faith that He has placed in my life. He sees the potential in me. He sees the potential of new growth in Him in that dark situation I am in. He sees the potential of the day before me.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed
for his compassions never fail,
They are new every morning:
great is your faithfulness,
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
~Lamentations 3:21 -26

Look! Can you see?
I need to look carefully and respond,
Yes, Jesus, I can see your faithfulness.

No comments: