Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Still waters or rushing streams....


In my life, it seems that there are times when I "live" beside still waters and then I think that maybe I need more adventure. Other times, the rapids roaring past me having me crying out for a calm and uneventful life.

As a mentor mom for MOPS, I have the wonderful opportunity to hold babies. Cuddly little ones so that their moms can eat a complete breakfast with 2 hands...enjoy the company of other moms....and while they are enjoying their time without their baby...I get to hold and pray for them. I look at these moms and I remember what it was like to be in their shoes. It isn't easy. They are living beside the rushing stream. They long for a quiet night with their husband; I am sad because I have to take down the Pack 'n Play and the little kitchen that Emma played with this Christmas. They long for the adult conversation; I long to read, cuddle, and play with my grandchildren. We are in opposite stages in our lives, but we still have periods of calm and then trials come and the waters rise and swirl.

Yesterday, I had opportunity to pray with one of the moms. She told our table that she was facing the possibility of thyroid cancer. She is scared and her first thoughts flew to her children ages 2 and 4. She could say the words, that she knew she was in God's hands, but when she heard the word "cancer" she felt her stomach drop. I don't know what the outcome or the path this young mom will have to walk, but I do the God who loves her and will keep her and protect her. AND He loves her children way more than she does. It isn't easy to have faith. In fact, for me, it is very hard at times. I wish I could assure this mom that everything will be all right. I wish I could tell her that this is it...just a scare. The only assurance any of us can have is that when we will walk through the rushing waters in this life with Him, the waters will not over sweep over us.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

No matter what I face I know that He will keep me. It was all that I could encourage this young mom, and all that I can say to you. No matter what you are going through, He will be with us

No comments: