Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Teddy Bear Revolt

T'was 10 days after Christmas and all through the house
The decorations gathered dust, undecorate a must!
So with rag, swiffer, Pledge, and the upright vacuum
I raced through the house and cleaned all room by room,
All was going so well
I thought I was swell
When I came to the bears and gathered them so.
They all gathered nicely, on the couch they did go.
When what to my wondering ears did I behold
A group of 8 bears who had definitely grown bold.
They clung to the couch and to my face they did roar
It scared me so much, my pressure did soar.
They growled and the stressed
until I was quite depressed.
They had watched all the news
and knew the tactic to use.
"We'll band together," the bears all said,
"We'll 'occupy couch' till the last one is dead."
"You only come out at Christmas," I explain,
"Putting you back gives me great pain."
So I played the song I knew would get them to move
Teddy Bear Parade blared as they began to groove.
They marched and they jumped over couch, table, and stump
and were squished in the box in literally a lump!

They're back in their boxes and happy at last
And I have skipped blogging for these days past.
So, forgive me this time
and for this horrible rhyme,
I am back and working on that mammoth type goal
Of blogging for 365...with the first of the holes.

May you seek to forgive me for this dastardly rhyme
I must close it now for I see it is time.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: