Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jesus Create in me a New heart...

Create in me a new heart and renew a right spirit in me. The words of the Psalmist echo in my head...What will it take to create in me a new heart. It is the beginning of a new year and a time when New Year's Resolutions are made and broken in a day or week....I am not good at commitments. Other than my love for Jesus and my commitment to follow Him and the vows I took almost 38 years ago with my husband...I pretty much don't do major changes/challenges in my life. In dieting...that is usually all it takes...say the word and it is broken. Last year I decided to read the Bible through in one year....I am in May. Only 7 months behind.
This statement is right beside our door. I realized that I tend to live from breath to breath. I want more. I want more out of my Christian life. I want to be aware more and more of His presence in my life. I have also been reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts (a must read if you have not read it) and that has challenged me. Ann was challenged to find 1,000 gifts that she gets from the Lord and write them down...I think that 1,000 may be a bigger challenge than I am up to. I want to see and witness the hand of God in my life every day of my life. I want Him to take my breath away. I want to be so aware of Him that I see Him every where.
I think that I am aware of Him in the big things and I think I recognize Him in some of the little things but I want to set out to set my eyes and my heart on Him. So in the next year, I will post daily breath-taking moments* that Jesus gives me. I may miss a day, I don't know who reads this or by whom will keep me accountable, but I will try to do this. Not for you, whomever you are, but because I want to see Jesus in me.
*Disclaimer: they will be breath-taking moments for me...I would never presume that they will take your breath away...but maybe encourage you to be more aware.

Each and every day, Jesus gives us opportunities to spin a beautiful day. I have asked Him to take all of those opportunities and color them the way His eyes sees me.
Then with those colorful yarns. Some dark because the opportunities have been hard. Some like the sunshine because in a gray day He explodes and enters into the mundane. Some pastel because the paleness of the opportunity, if not carefully watched for could go unnoticed. I want to see all of the colors He gives me because then....


He takes all of the threads through out the year and diligently weaves them to produce a work of art that is uniquely me in HIM.

What He makes of me is intricate. It is precious. This is what I want Him to do with me this year.

Create in me a heart that sees Him in the mundane and praise Him for the expected. I want to see things not from my perspective, but from His. I can hardly wait to see what He created in me by the end of the year......

No comments: