Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Anticipation...awareness....adoration

Yesterday I was anticipating and excited to experience the gift that I would receive from God for that day. Much like one waits in anticipation for that first robin in the spring or the spring flowers...I knew that there would be a gift from the Lord that would overwhelm my soul.

I waited. Mt. Baker was beautiful, shrouded in clouds in the morning. As we were driving, there was an amazing sky where the sun was streaming through the clouds that was beautiful. These were beautiful but I wanted to be overwhelmed.
Then I realized...Not every day will be a day that will be overwhelmed in His presence. There always will be days that His glory will be seen in the nature that He created but there will be not an overwhelming feeling that accompanies it.

What I did realize was that with that eager anticipation that I was searching for as one searches for the greatest treasure... my heart and my eyes were trained on His gifts. My heart was not far from Him. I was experiencing a focused continual awareness of Him. I wanted to see the evidence of His glory instead of realizing that God is whom God is. He is the I AM. He is creator of all the universe. He is the One True God. His words create...all nature and a new creation in the believer. He is the gift and the giver of the gift. My focus changed.

Then I thought about some of the things that He allowed me to do yesterday in His name. Countless faces came to mind throughout the day for whom I was able to pray. One friend from North Dakota messaged me on Facebook to tell me that she wanted prayer because of a possible cancer scare. I was able to respond with a prayer on Facebook. Another friend with a diagnosis of cancer has stayed planted in my mind as I pray for her. My husband who is going to go through surgery to remove the cancer in him is being bathed in prayer as well as those who love us and are praying for us.


A
daughter who is trying to get her baby to sleep in her own bed. Another daughter whose very life could be the whole emphasis of my prayer as she deals with youth who are billed as America's Throw Away Youth. In so many ways, God has allowed me to see Him in His love for those whom I love.

You see, some days His presence will be felt and enjoyed and other times, it is the faith that we have in Him that allows us to cling to Him. It is faith that we have to realize He holds the strings to our lives and knows each word and each step before we make it. Some days, it is just being aware of whom He is. To respond in humble adoration to the God who loves and keeps us.

No comments: