Friday, October 7, 2011

2 weeks have gone fast for me....

Let me catch you up...

I flew into Omaha on September 23. It was great to see Betsy, Jon, Simon and Mazie! We were excited about the upcoming Race. I decided that I would have to call mine a Wace...but I will deal with that later....
Saturday morning, Simon had a football game so Jon, Simon and I set out for the field. We have never had boys so I guess this is what they look like with mouth guards. I liked watching him play. At the end of the game, Jon and Simon (Jon's idea) decided that they were going to ditch me...but I fooled Jon...I caught on...I only had to run a little way to catch them before they were in the car!
Saturday also brought Carl and Betty to Omaha. They were going to be in charge of the kids while we ran/walked the race on Sunday. After we picked up our race packets, we all went over to the hotel where they were staying and waited. While we were waiting, Simon and Mazie fed the fish while Nana watched.

They FINALLY got there and we walked up to a rodeo? exhibit. There were all kinds of fun things to do. Mazie and I got to hold the baby goat.

Not sure why this cowpoke got thrown in the slammer but he was there for quite a while..




Mazie and I took every opportunity for a photo op. It was so much fun spending the day with the family....Then we went home and got up very early on Sunday...

No comments: