Friday, October 21, 2011

Saturday and Sunday in Bismarck

The rest of Saturday was spent with other friends. I went to see a very special student of my and it was really a quick hello. Then Emma and I went to another tea. This one was a tea for ladies that I had worked with. It was fun to see everyone.
The blue house in the middle was the house where we lived. I had planned on going to the house because the people who live there are relatives of some friends.
Friday night, we drove through the flood inhabited areas. The water mark shows how far the water went on the trees and the picture of the porch is one of our dear friends from Bismarck. We spent HOURS in this house when we lived in Bismarck.
As we drove around, Candice and I wondered what we would do. For some, their homes were ruined. Other, had damage but if it is fixed up, would that mean that another flood could come again? After driving by home after home, we decided that we would sit down and cry.
It was the next week that the pastor talked about our worth. Where is our worth? Is it in the things that we own, or is it in what God has given us...peace, love, strength, or any number of His attributes. Things are replaceable, whereas relationships last. The only relationship in my life that could help me through a mess like this was is the love of Jesus Christ.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: