Monday, October 17, 2011

Omaha to Fargo...a day early

It has always amazed me at God's timing. It seems that when I have been in Fargo or Omaha, there have been times of that the kids need me to help out...many times medically. Okay, so Jane said...Mom, either it is God's perfect timing that you are there to help us...or you really need to stop coming because someone ends up sick. I tend to think that it is God's perfect timing and allows me to feel that I can help at some times.
This trip, I was planning on going to Fargo on Wednesday and then being there on Thursday.
Jane called Monday...Emma had been banned from day care. She had hand, foot, and mouth disease. She asked if I could come up a day earlier...so, I contacted the car rental, changed the date and off to ND I went on Tuesday morning after saying good bye to the kids. I had to promise Simon that I would come back!!!
As you can see the traffic was horrible. Okay the traffic wasn't but the trip through South Dakota is NEVER ENDING!!!!!
When I got to Fargo, I got to see the pumpkin patch that Jane, Andy and Emma had tended all summer. It has been a neighborhood project as many who passed the patch remarked about how much the pumpkins had grown and the kids and parents would find NEW pumpkins that had "grown up" over-night.

Although the pumpkin patch was fun to see...this little pumpkin, who has grown up so much since June when I saw her last, was the one that I was after. She was and is so happy. We had a great time bonding the next day. On Thursday, she went to Day Care until Nana picked her up early at 3:00 and Friday morning...she was there for a bit...but we had traveling to do! People to see, places to go...a weekend of fun was planned for this precious bundle of joy.

One day I texted Betsy and said, I know that I should put her in her crib but I just want to hold her. Betsy wrote back...then hold her Mom.
This was one of my favorite position! She is so cuddly!!!
Of the blessings that are in my life, family is one of the biggest ones.

No comments: