Saturday, September 10, 2011

God in all His Glory


Last night I had read, I had prayed, my eyes were not tired. So I got up and went to our balcony. I looked out and thought I was watching lights from the ground and then, I realized, it was so clear, I was watching the Northern Lights. (This isn't my picture!) I wrapped up in a blanket and went out on the balcony and was again amazed at the wonder of the Father. He is the Father of Light. In creation, there was light before He made the stars, sun, and moon. He is light. For just about an hour, I worshipped Him. I praised Him for the gifts that He has given us. I praised Him for the care He has given our family and friends. I thanked Him for the life that He has give us over the years. I thanked Him for the times that He has so present that I could reach out and touch Him, or crawl into His lap and cry out to Him. He is worthy of the praise and honor that we can give Him. I also praised Him for the times when I didn't feel His presence, when I couldn't seem to connect with Him. I realized that in the chaos of my life during those times, I had to stop and find a quiet place, a place where He could show me His wonder. A place where where my struggling ceases and I rest in Him. There are times when even then, I wonder at His presence. Where is He? Has He abandoned me? Is He really there? Then in a sleepless night, in the quiet of midnight, He shows me His Light. He allows me to feel His presence. And I praise Him.
Father, You are magnificent. I love being called your child. I love the wonder of Your nature. How I praise the marvelous presence in Your creation. You chose to not make this world so commonplace that we can see you in the creation of your world. Father, so many have not seen your light, show them Jesus, show them who you are! thank you for the lack of sleep to make me aware of your presence. How I love and praise you for who you are molding me to be. In your precious name. AMEN

No comments: