Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Ive entered a new stage in my life...


I can't believe it," she continued. "When you told me that you were signing up for a class at the Senior Center, I realized that this is another stage of life for me. My mom is old enough to go to the Senior Center."
Yes, that is how the conversation began with Betsy a few minutes ago.
Today, I did errands and thought nothing of it until I got that call I went to Walgreen's to find out about the $4.00 prescriptions and I went to the Senior Center in Ferndale to sign up for a weight lifting class so that I can use the center to lift weights. Now, I may have been the youngest person that I saw (the lady who wrote my receipt moved to Ferndale with her husband in the '40's.).
As I explained to Betsy, and I would guess I would hear from Jane next, for $25.00 a year, I can use the equipment any time I want. Now...I have a hard time justifying the $130+ /month when I can do the same thing here. NOW...in hindsight,
I SIGNED UP AT THE SENIOR CENTER TODAY...WAAAAAAAAAAAA. I guess I am "at that age" as Jane so delicately states it. I didn't mind the discounts but...this is taking me to a whole new level.
I included the picture of Simon and me climbing the monkey bars in Omaha...HA Can an old person do that?????? I ask you!!!!
Obviously...... I did.

No comments: