Thursday, October 9, 2008

Do you remember cuddling with someone special?



When we were in Omaha the "Rock Star" came to visit! That would be Auntie Jane. Simon and his auntie have a special relationship.

It doesn't matter how long it has been since Simon has seen her, he gets excited.

There is one person in his life that he LOVES to cuddle with...the Rock Star!

And reading...he loves it when everyone reads to him...but notice how he is gripping her arm. Reading with Auntie Jane is the best.

His favorite spot is to cuddle up next to her, on the couch, the restaurant, the car, bed; you name it, Simon likes to be very close to her.

Sometimes when I am sad or lonely, or just want some time alone with my Heavenly Father, this is how I picture myself ~ content, clinging to Him, and focused on every word that comes out of His mouth. I want to hear His stories over and over. It always amazes me that His stories are new and fresh each time I read or hear them.

He loves it when we get excited to see Him. He is there to hold us when we are afraid or when we just need to have that little bit of security. He is there...He is always, always there.

Jane's response to Simon's glee is a deep seated joy. One that is read in her expression on her face, her response to her nephew running toward her and clinging to her, and the love that is so evident through her whole being. I believe that God responds to us too. He desires us to run to Him, to cling to Him, and to know of His amazing and eternal love. We have an amazing Savior.
I remembering cuddling with a favorite person when I was little too!


2 comments:

Tengesdal 4 said...

Awwwwww! Look at those cuties! All 4 of them!! :) the last 2 are especially cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lois,
I frequent Betsy's blog...and I so enjoyed reading your post about when you stayed with them in Nebraska...you are all soooo BLESSED! I thought I'd stop by and say hi...Love your blog!
Kristin