Saturday, June 4, 2011

On the road again...

For those of you who aren't counting but are getting confused...let me do a quick recap from May 16...
Seattle to Omaha...plane
Omaha to Fargo...car
Fargo to Omaha...car
Omaha to Fargo...truck
Fargo to Omaha...truck
Omaha to Sioux Falls, SD...Truck
Sioux Falls, SD to Fargo...SUV
Betsy and I drove from Omaha to Sioux Falls, SD to meet Jane and Emma. It had been a long time since Betsy had seen either Jane OR Emma so the reunion was fabulous.

Betsy loves her only niece. She had a good time holding and kissing her. She told her over and over that Betsy is Emma's favorite aunt. (Editor's note: It wasn't until last night that when I would see my nephews, Scott, Mike, and Jeremy that I thought that I was their ONLY aunt. I remember being quite put out when I realized I WASN'T their ONLY aunt.)

Betsy tried to be very helpful and even changed Emma's diapers. It has been a long time changing diapers because the diaper wasn't placed in the right place and so...when NANA when to pick Miss Emma up out of the car seat...Nana got a surprise...all over.... :-) We had a good time teasing Auntie Betsy, Emma and I did. She did ask that Auntie not change her diaper again without specific lessons...Emma was placed in an embarrassing situation for a moment.

Silly Aunt Betsy carries a magnificent bag. She has EVERYTHING in there!!! She is a regular Mary Poppins. She can find and fit anything in there...
Nana was told...please don't feed my child anything.
Auntie Betsy said...Want a Lemon, Emma.
Emma said...Ewuuuuuuu! That is a shocker.
Auntie Betsy said...Want a pickle.
Emma said: hmmmm. I don't know if I like it or not.
I came home with Emma and Jane. Emma is a fabulous little traveler but she was ready for her own house. Before her quick bath before bed...she couldn't stop jumping...with help. What a fun little girl.
As I look at my girls and their children, I am so proud of them. They are good moms. They have beautiful children. And if you don't agree...it's okay...because...well, Nana knows the truth.
Can't wait for the fun today!!!!

No comments: