Saturday, June 4, 2011

A day with Emma....and a project!!!!

Jane and I ran around for a bit today getting some things done...It wasn't too hot..
but the fun started when we picked up Andy.
First we went out to lunch. Emma tried a new way to eat baby food and LOVED it. I was so impressed!!! WAY easier than what I did...Just suck up that applesauce!!!!
Emma LOVES her daddy...Andy was trying to help us with the cement for the Emma stepping stones...but Emma had a different idea. I am pretty sure that these two have an incredible love going on!!!!
It took all 3 of us to wrangle Emma into the cement and get the prints so we didn't get a picture of the process but the finished product is fabulous!!!!
One for Nana
One for Gramma Lynn in Florida
One for Grampa Frank in Williston
and one for Mom and Dad!
Aren't they so very pretty!!!
[Editor's comment: Jane had to be reminded of her "pumpkin" decorating days. When she was little, she would LOVE to decorate pumpkins. They would get so cute and then she kept going and going and then, it wasn't so cute. She just couldn't stop. So when she was asking if she should add this or that...I just said..."Jane, Pumpkins!"]
I told Simon that I was going to make stepping stones with Emma's prints and then I would have 2 stones. One with Mazie and Simon and one with Emma. He wanted to know if I was going to make one of Emma's for Gramma Betty (Jon's Mom)...when I said no, he said, "That's not fair. Gramma only gets one and you get two."
Betsy and I tried to explain that I have grandchildren from 2 families and Gramma Betty has only Simon and Mazie. It still wasn't fair...and really, Gramma Betty is pretty special to Emma.
But this stepping stone...it's just for Andy and Jane's grandparents.
Andy gave Emma a flower because she was just a little too far away from the bush. She spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how to hold it before she checked it out in her mouth....
Love her intense concentration in working those little fingers together....she does a great job with those fingers!
Andy was on call last night and is on call tomorrow. It was fun hanging out with all of them today. Tonight is date night and I am so excited.
You see, I have an amazing date with a very special little girl.
Jane and Andy are going out on a date...but I am pretty sure that MY date is going to be way more fun!!!!
Hmmmm...what can we do? Popcorn? Cookies? Hot dogs? or how about just a "spoonful of sugar" makes the medicine go down....


No comments: