Sunday, March 8, 2009

Overwhelming Dinner and Sunset....

I started my Saturday with the DWIPS - a group of ladies that are trying to be dangerous for Christ. We meet two times a month and I am always amazed at God's design when He brought us together as a group.
Then, after bumming around the home show, we went out to dinner in Blaine at the Beach House. It is right beside the bay and as we sat we watched the sky's canvas...as the Creator painted another one of His masterpieces.

We watched throughout dinner. While we waited for the sunset, there was other entertainment. Although they are called flying rats by some, I have to say that I am fascinated by the sea gulls out here. It was low tide and so the clams were plentiful. The gulls grab what they can in their bills and then fly up and drop them to the ground. It's more amazing than that...they find cement, drift wood, or anything that would be a harder surface to break them open. It really was quite a show...
The sun's refection on the water...

As we ate dessert, the painting was almost complete. We walked along the shore (even though it was FREEZING). As we left the parking lot, I told Steve that I felt like I was going to cry, I felt overwhelmed. It was His creation, His love, His plan, His hand, and it was God's presence that completely overwhelmed me...what a joy to serve Him...
We left the restaurant and Steve said, quick take this picture, it shows the silver lining of the clouds...I wrote a little book last year and one of the lines was:
WOW! That's all I can say! WOW!
And the dinner at sunset...WOW!

No comments: