Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two birds and two lifestyles...

There are 2 birds that I have become fascinated with since we have moved to Washington. It has been very difficult for me to catch a picture of the first one so this picture of the hummingbird is not one that I have taken...it's not that I haven't tried to catch pictures of this little bird...I just haven't been able to do it...maybe this summer but....

The 2 birds? The hummingbird and the eagle....
First---the hummingbird!
Have you ever watched a hummingbird? Their wings are going so fast that many times you can't see them and that keeps them stationary. They rarely "sit" down, they flit from one flower to another, and they seem to have an overwhelming "schedule."


Then there is the eagle...


I can recognize their flight! They expend little energy when they are flying. If there is turbulence, they continue to go higher and higher until they can fly above it. Their vision is phenomenal...they can see their prey as they are flying high and then they dive right to it. They seem so calm and unruffled.
A speaker said, the eagle doesn't need to figure out how to get across the stream or the raging river.

So many times, I feel like the hummingbird. I flit from one project to another and don't really LAND on one of them. I get exhausted from flapping my wings so fast, and then, even with all of that action, I feel like I just stay in one place.
I have felt like the eagle. That is when I am grounded in His Word. It is then that I can soar over the "turbulence" that comes into my life. I can set my eye on the "prize." I can look at situations with the eye of Christ and my focus is clear.
I would love to be recognized by my walk with Him. What a joy to hear: oh, she is a Christ-follower...I recognize her walk. I can see that she spends time with the
Creator and Sustainer of the Universe.
So here is the Question...
Hummingbird? Eagle?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
~ Isaiah 40:28-31


Posted by Picasa

No comments: