Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun with Simon and Mazie...Betsy and Jon and Lacy...

Nothing more fun than a trip to Costco. And the smiles here are so...cheesy...yep, that is what they say....CHEESE....

the first morning that I got to Omaha, I realized that I was in need of more mascara...somehow, I was running low on the stuff...but 2 little monkeys had a great
deal of fun with it!!!
Off we went to the park. It was great fun watching the kids have fun. Mazie can never be accused of not dressing for the activity... I am not sure that you would know that a boa is perfect playground attire!!! Oh, My Mazie...what a girl!
Swinging in for a kiss! It almost happened here. Just a little higher and they connected. I have such joy watching Betsy and Jon interact with the kids and they are way more trusting than I would be....
Mommy and Daddy...don't look!!! My they are trusting. But then, if Lacy trusts what is going to happen, it's okay...isn't it?
When Steve saw this picture he said, "Did Lacy really go down the slide?"
Yep, she sure did. And she was flying down that slide. You see when you go to the park...EVERYONE has fun!! Even "Wacy the dog"
Mazie shown here in a fashionable yet understated outfit which would place her on the Oscar's red carpet at the top of the star listing. (Even now there are knock offs of this dress being made) Wearing a pink sequined shift trimmed with a pink feather boa, Mazie is ready for her own award. Not to be deemed the worst dressed by some fashion guru, she added a pink tutu with purple flowers in the layers of netting and embellished with a purple flower at the waist. Feeling that she could fly to the moon to receive the award, a pair of green wings accompany the ensemble. Not caring for the traditional way of wearing jewelry, Mazie wears her elastic pink and purple floral necklace as a headband.

Worn over pants and a shirt, Mazie is ready for the runway OR the playground!


When playing hide and go seek, it is always good to hide where no one can see you!









Simon has no time for the runway for he is off to work. He slings his shovel on his back and off he goes. Since he still cannot whistle, he just talks non-stop while off to work he goes. He frequently stops to flip a shovel full of snow over his shoulder...for good luck? One can only guess!




Mazie and Nana rode a car in the children's museum which was fun and fabulous place to take kids. We all had a great time.




Simon works on a project at the children's museum while Betsy helps Mazie in the background. The completed pictures were works of art and should be sold to the highest bidder...however, somehow, SOMEONE (who is helping Mazie) put them down somewhere in the museum so those will not catch the pretty penny that Nana thought that they would. I am not prejudiced!

At the end of the stay, Simon asked me if I had enough underwear for 60 days because he wanted me to stay with him for 60 days or weeks. Poppa told him that he missed Nana and so I was able to fly home. I think he really enjoyed the book that I brought along. We read Eddie and the Great Deals every night. The first couple nights he stayed awake. The last 3 nights he fell fast asleep. He always seemed to know what we read the night before...just like a man, he was just resting his eyes.

When we moved to Washington, I told Steve that I didn't want to be a once a year grandmother. I wanted to see the kids and watch them grow. What a blessing we have had. I can go for about 3 months before I have to see them.(actually more like 2 and then I start looking for a ticket, who am I kidding? I am already shopping for June.)
This time, I was able to see their new apartment, meet their new "sisters," and have another wonderful time with them. God is so good.

No comments: