Thursday, August 12, 2010

A weekend of fun....

On Saturday, Steve and I met this couple in Port Angeles for a couple of days on the peninsula. Who are they? They share our grandchildren with us. Betty and Carl, Jon's parents, joined us in WA to explore and explore we did! And laughed! And prayed! And laughed! And talked!
I loved the dew in the HOH rain forest...



The paths were so amazing to walk on...
Just for the girls in Boys Town, we stopped in Forks and posed with the local celebs...then sent the pics to Betsy to show the girls....

Betty found the vacation cottage, romantically called: Storybook Cottage...AHHHHH

Headed up the mountain...to Hurricane Ridge. I am not a height seeker so when we were driving in fog...I was glad and we talked about turning around but we laughed about what we would see and what we would tell others....
We went to waterfalls in the area....

We got up to the top of Hurricane ridge and we had just finished lunch when Carl and I were in the parking lot. Along came the deer...3 of them...I kept telling Carl, "turn around...." and he turned EVERY way but the "other way"...These and some of their friends were within 6 feet from us. In talking to the rangers, I asked if the deer were always here? She said..."yes and they take a few steps and pause...wait for the clicks of the camera...lift the head....pose..." and that is what they did. You only heard the clicks of the camera. People were just very quiet!!!! It was sooooo very cool. They also had a raven or two who could break into zippered coolers! Jelly stone park in real life!

Here is one of the mountain lakes...

And this is the view we saw from the top of Hurricane Ridge!

Look at the cloud...that is what we drove through....but this is what we saw....

It was so much fun!!!! WE had a blast! And we so love this couple. God has given us such a gift in Jon's parents. We look forward to the next trip...there are more places to explore!

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Seriously, why haven't I been there!!! I'm starting a list of places I want to go too. This is will be on it.

Reading the "walk walk pose" I could hear your voice. =)

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!