Friday, August 13, 2010

A big change...for the better? You decide!

I have to confess that the relationship between Betty and I was not perfect. Looking at this picture one would THINK that we were happy and...at this point...we were...BUT...
Any time it is blueberry season and we have visitors, we go to the blueberry patch. We pick blueberries and so there was no reason why I shouldn't have Betty come with me. She could take SOME home and I would have help picking blueberries...it was beginning to be a perfect day...Betty was blown away by the size and the amount of blueberries and she threw herself into picking... The crop was good. I stopped at about 9 pounds because I saw she was over 10 and I wanted about 20 pounds with the first picking.....

Even NOW we looked like the perfect team. Look at those smiles!!! We had picked the blueberries, had fun, laughed, took pictures and THEN it happened!!!!!

Right after that, I went for my purse and my checkbook. Our conversation went something like this....
Betty: What are you doing?
Me: (smiling still) I am getting my checkbook to pay for the blueberries.
Betty: These are mine. (starting to turn ugly here in the beautiful blueberry patch)
Me: (straight smiling, knowing that I wouldn't get free labor for my next "picking"...dry laugh...) No, how are you going to get them home on the plane?
Betty: in my suitcase. We have to buy some containers
Me: No, really?!
Betty: These are mine! You can get your own later.
Seriously, this is almost word for word!!! I had NO free labor the next time AND all of the blueberries fit in her suitcase the next morning...
And me? I have to go back into the blueberry patch...probably by myself...to get more blueberries. So...what do you think? Did YOU see the change?????
[INSERT FUNNY SMILEY FACE HERE...IT WOULD TAKE MORE THAN BLUEBERRIES THIEVERY TO DESTROY THIS RELATIONSHIP!]
We did surprise the "raspberry pickers" when we drove in the field so we could see the machine up close. I wanted Betty to see how they pick the berries...and then had to drag her away from the raspberry fields because she found some berries still on the vine....
A report: Blueberries made it home just fine. Next time I take someone to the blueberry field...I plan on asking...
Is this trip for the pleasure of picking berries
OR
Are you going to steal...I mean...
Will you want to take these home with you?
PS...I love this woman!!!!

No comments: