Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our last day of our trip....




Mazie and Simon stayed with us so we got up and watched a little cartoons and got ready to leave. Betsy and Jon came over and we went down to the dining room...We found that the buffet had not been set up. When we saw the waiter, we asked about the buffet and in a very harried voice with actions that matched...no one had shown up...he was cook, dishwasher, waitstaff, and he kept saying...I'll do my best.

NOTE: Miss Mazie can be quite dramatic...she chose to roll around on the floor at the mall posing frequently for her photo opportunity!



When he did take our order he was very honest. Steve ordered oatmeal and he said, I have only made that one other time so I can't promise that it was good. So Steve said...how about dry oats and raisen bran. The guy said...really...that sounds horrible....it's Steve's breakfast fare each day.



Simon's bear lost his voice so we went to Build a Bear workshop to have that fixed. Steve and I composed a new message only to have Simon say....NO I want the same message. Betsy (having heard this message 1 or 2 million times) remembered it. We re-recorded the same message and then Sparkie Bear had a bath, got a new outfit, and off we went to Betsy and Jon's.




It always amazes me that no matter how long we stay...I always have a tough time saying good bye unless I have my next date picked out. I didn't. I cried.




You know, we have always thought that our girls were a gift from God. God has given us 2 sons-in-law, Jon and Andy, who just increased our gifts from Him. And Simon and Mazie...it is almost over-whelming to realize how much we love these gifts.




When we left, Simon and Mazie both said...don't go! Stay here! Can we come with you? It brought back memories when Betsy and Jane learned to talk and could tell us...please don't leave. It ripped my heart out then...I can't even tell you what it did for me on this day!


Praise Him for keeping our loved ones in His sight! God has blessed our trip...we loved being with ones who love us. He has and will continue to be so faithful!

No comments: