Sunday, July 12, 2009

This is my Father's world...

This is my Father's world and to my listening ear...all nature sings and round me rings...the music of the spheres.
I was reminded of this song in church this morning...It is His world...and we can't get so used to our surroundings, that we fail to realize the splendor and majesty of all His creation.
When I was growing up, we sang another song at the closing of every service...I was in the choir and we closed the service for years with it...
found in Psalm 19...May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in your sight, O God, my strength and my Redeemer...
I never fully understood those words when we sang them week after week until later, after I became a Christ-follower.
I try to be aware of the words of my mouth...but the meditations of my heart? Are the things that are in my heart acceptable to my God and Savior? Today, I paused and wondered. I know growing up that wasn't the case...have I grown in that area?
Today, Father, let my words reflect what is in my heart. And let my words bring praise to You.

No comments: