Monday, February 16, 2009

Rules PS.....


Carnegie Library in downtown Vancouver

I really do remember all of the rules that Betsy and Jane mentioned. Bikes and playing within the boundaries of our neighbors. Steve hates it when you use his toothbrush. Jane and I had the same kind and I forgot what color my toothbrush was...it is an honest mistake. I did hate Donna Reed and I think she came on at 12:30. The girls were supposed to wake me, however, there is a correction...I didn't wear earplugs until much later!!! but I did jump and scare them. I also tried to tell them so many things at night when they would wake me but my...

I am so glad you are home and I love you so much...did you have a good time?

but instead it came out like this:

smuf da shud da lem da...
or I guess I never said a thing....I thought that I did!
so obviously, the rules are right and I did have lots...Even though I had lots of rules, I have to say that God has given us 2 beautiful daughters and for that we are truly grateful. What a blessing that they are, not only to us but to others who come across their paths.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got this by email but it was just too good not to post...so here is some rules from my friend, Mary...I now realize why she is the way she is...nuts...but I love her...

I had great rules. I was afraid of the 2 murders who lived in our playroom, each behind his own half wall, but the rules clearly stated that if I was whistling or singing as I passed through the playroom they could not murder me. We all three abided by those rules, luckily! According to my grandma, you had to wear tennis shoes during a lightning storm or you would get struck by lightning. We also had to leave bed during tornado watches, go downstairs and put on our tennis shoes. Then we could sleep on the floor unless the watch became a warning. We had to go to the basement alone since my grandpa would not go down unless a tornado hit the house and my grandma would not go down without him. My sister and I would go down to the 'correct' corner of the house, which was the scariest one in her partial dirt basement. In our tennis shoes in the dark. Did I mention an axeman lived in my grandma's basement? Whistling/singing rules applied to him too. Without rules, we would live in chaos. When my kids were young, sometimes the rule was they were to never speak to, look at, or touch their sibling as long as they should live I mean it now I am sick and tired of all the bickering are you trying to drive me crazy because you are succeeding!

My current birthday rule states that one’s birthday continues until the next one in the house comes up. So my birthday starts August 29, and goes until Mitch’s on October 2. He only gets 6 days as Linsay’s is the 6th. Now you’re probably thinking that Linsay gets to have a birthday until mine rolls around again, but you’d be thinking wrong. On October 7th, the rule resets to my birthday. It becomes my birthday again until my birthday actually hits the next August 29. It’s a very complicated rule. Also, on your birthday, you can eat with your feet on the table.