Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day....



Like good Americans, we went to Canada. Actually, Steve had the day off so...


Steve came with me to class. He helped me study my flash cards on the way up to class (I had a mid-term TEST...one of the first tests that I have had in seminary); and then he got to sit in my world religion class. He said that he did learn a lot and did enjoy it.


After class we headed to Granville Island in Vancouver. We had lunch at Dockside and this is what we were looking at out of the window.





After lunch we went to the Public Market which is similar to Pikes Place Market without the flying fish and all of the little shops. It was filled with different booths of fresh food of all sorts; desserts that were a work of art; and some of the strange foods in this metropolitan market.








No, the oranges and strawberries are Not some of the strange foods but...I loved the way that they displayed the strawberries. Unfortunately, we could buy nothing...we can't cross the border with fresh fruit or vegetables or raw meat. There are lots of other "rules" that it is just not worth bringing anything over the border.


We love going to new places or just getting out and spending the day together. And next to smart cars that we see that I love, I love looking at the electric trolleys throughout the city.









And on the way home, Mt. Baker was reflecting the afternoon sunset and it was beautiful.
We came home and are enjoying the day. Steve talks about the time when he can retire and we can do this whenever we want to. For now, we are thankful for the precious times that God gives us together.

No comments: