Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm back...kind of...


My computer is home from Best Buy but is not playing well with some of the new things that were added. I am at work this week and so will do some updating here and then, add pictures later.

Today I was supposed to start classes. Even after teaching for all those years, the night before school starts, I don't sleep well. Last night was no different. I was up and ready to go and left by 7:30 AM to make the hour trip to ACTS seminary in Langley, Canada. The farther north I traveled, the snowier it got! The snowier it got, the prettier it got, AND the slipperier it got.

I entered the campus and thought that it didn't appear to be "ready" for the students. Well, they weren't...school starts tomorrow! So, after I gathered all of my things for class, and got out of the car, one of my former profs was arriving too. After the greeting, he informed me that I didn't have to be there until tomorrow. Back in the car I went and traveled the hour home and came to work.

On the way there, I was struck by the beauty that surrounded me. The snow clung to the trees and the power lines & polls. The stream by campus was picture perfect...

I was also listening to a CD that a friend gave me with a variety of songs. I don't know the name of the song or who did it but the words are:

I know how I can stray
and how fast my heart could change.
Empty me of the selfishness inside,
every vain ambition, and the poison of my pride
and every foolish thing my heart draws me to.
Empty me of me
so I can be filled with you.




It really touched me because that is me. I do know how fast my heart strays when I do not take the time to be with Him so that He CAN fill me. I have to believe that the surroundings and the song was a gentle reminder of my God, Creator and Savior, who loves me so much and wants my heart to be emptied of all of the selfishness and be filled with His Spirit.




I do have plans to finish "My Favorite Things" so stay tuned.

No comments: