Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Nana!

My birthday morning was great. I woke up with hugs and greetings from Simon and Mazie and Steve
I even had lots of Birthday greetings. Even the BT girls remembered (with the help of Poppa) that it was my birthday.
Simon made it on the bus!!! Go Nana and Poppa. It does help to set the alarm.
Steve went to Simon's school for a morning of fun. He asked him to come and listen to him make the announcements for school. Steve said he did a fantastic job!!!!
Then there was a fun and fitness day that Steve was planning to stay for but there was a very sad mix-up and Steve thought Simon sent him home instead of staying for the fitness day. At the end of the day, the mix-up was discovered and Poppa felt terrible.
It was a gorgeous day outside so we waited for the bus outside. Steve was pretty tense outside while Mazie rode her bike.
Mazie asked me to tell her a story and was very intent on the story. It was a version of the 3 little pigs...Nana style! Later, her friend Nathan came over and we started the story of the 3 little seahorses and the big bad shark. Mazie gives me the characters and off we go. I don't think she took her eyes off of my face one time. This must have been a quieter part of the story because there is always exagerated animation going on.
Mazie gets buckeled up in her bus while Cliff, the bus driver, reminds me of the schedule for Wednesday's graduation!
After school popscicle time!!!! Simon's idea to bring popscicles for everyone! He is such a considerate little boy. He asked if it was alright...and told me that it was and there were plenty to share. It was a perfect day for them!!!! Good idea Si.
Off to Paradise Bakery for supper...and Mac n Cheese was on the kids menu!!!! Wahoo! We took a picture while Poppa ordered our food. A kiss from a prince and a silly face from a princess. My favorite part of the meal....Mazie screamed: Nana, Potty!!!!! and we RAN!!!!!
Then we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. Steve has read it over and over during his teaching days. When it started out, he began reciting the words of the character. Simon looked up and said, "How do you know the words, Poppa?"

We came home and Skyped with Betsy and Jon who said that they were having a fabulous day!!! The kids were very excited to talk to them. Both of them told me at different times that they miss them.
There had been some very sad things that happened during the day:
Mazie: Earlier in the day, Maz started sobbing accross the courtyard. She met me half way. She was holding her hands together and sobbing. She was so gentle one would have assumed that either there was a great treasure or the lifeless body of her best friend. Through the sobs, she said that her toy (covered suspiciously with teeth marks. Lacy? We can't prove it!) and smashed by the wheels of a truck...lay in her hands. She was unconsolable. It was from McDonalds! I finally asked what mom would say and do...she told me that she would say the same thing that I did.
Simon: Loved his clean room until bed when he couldn't find his coloring book from Disney World. (I did NOT throw it out! I know there will be those who will ask) We looked in the book case, we looked where we put his night time books and colors. We looked .... hm, I didn't look under the bed...or in the box that I did put a lot of the papers. We may have to look there later)....but last night we looked everywhere and he was a very sad little boy. (He was also very tired little boy.)
We leave for Fargo today after school. Simon had a great idea last night. He said, it was going to be late AGAIN when we went to ND so we should leave right after breakfast!!!! He did not have to go to school every day!!!! That said, he did go to school this morning! And it will be late again.
If you would continue to pray for our babies....it is tough when you are tired...and your mom and dad are off in "Coco Rico!!!!"
All in all...it was a good birthday! It was fun to spend it with 3 very special people! Day 2 was a success and I will remember this birthday for a long time.

1 comment:

Tengesdal 4 said...

Dear Nana,
Thank you for not listening to EVERY idea that comes from my very bright little boy!! School is important EVERY DAY! :)