Friday, July 9, 2010

A New Day....at Dawn

The house is quiet except for the fans running to cool it down. Steve is still in bed and for the past several days I have been awake at dawn...I know this because I have seen the sun rise for the last several days....at 4:00ish. I realized today that although I don't always get up, this is my favorite part of the day. I have tried to put my finger on what it is about this time in our house.
I used to think that it was because I felt alone, before we both rushed off to work. But that can't be it, because Steve still rushes off to work, but I am alone much of the day.

I think it is because for me, this is a time when I can feel my Savior's presence. I love doing devotions in the morning. I love praying in the morning. I love being alone with God in the morning. When I don't meet with God in this precious time, I almost feel like I missed Him which is silly because I know that He is ever-present.

There is just something that causes me to pause and praise Him in the morning. I think that it is the holy hush to my day. Thank you Father for your presence this morning and in my life. Thank you for this day that you have given me. Thank you for watching over those whom I love. Jesus, thank you for being here...at dawn...and allowing me to experience it with you.

No comments: