Sunday, February 28, 2010

You will never guess who this is....really!

Recently, Jane called and asked if I would send a picture of her when she was growing up.

Her staff and students were going to have...guess who this is. I asked her if she thought that no one would recognize her...because...you know...she has changed so much????? Yea, I don't think so!

This was around Easter and if you look closely, she has a scab under her nose. She was skating without skates with the big kids and planted her feet, fell on her face (she didn't want to skin up her face), and scabbed up her upper lip...

I affectionately call this one...Scar face Jane



Jane loved to eat...and here she was eating pickles at her Grammie's house at Christmas time...

My name for this one....Pickle Girl




Aloha...Jane had a Hawaiian party for her birthday...Kindergarten...


And here she is with Pooh...some kids are afraid of big animals...not our Janie...she would pose for a picture whenever...hmmmm....taking pictures follows her into her adulthood....


I haven't heard if she "tricked" everyone with her picture and stumped students and staff...My guess...she didn't.

I am thinking about her a lot right now. In just a couple of days I will be with her. She is having a surgical procedure and I am going to be with her since Andy will be on call and 70 miles away. I can honestly say that I am so excited I may not be able to sleep. I haven't seen her since September and for me....way too long to be away from her.

Jane's name means "God's gracious gift"...and she is...She has and continues to amuse us. If I am sad, I can count on her to cheer me. We count on her (and Betsy but this is about Jane) for witty remarks either in person, on the phone or texting us. I (We all do...but this is my blog so I can use I) love her like crazy. God has gifted our family with her personality...and we thank and praise Him for her.

It is no secret...she is and will always be my younger daughter!

1 comment:

Hank McCleary said...

hmmm....mom always did like Jane best!