Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What makes you smile?



Today, I began my day with that question on my mind. So, I had the whole day to think about it. So I began my day at a meeting, then went to spend a couple of hours with some fun ladies...MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I loved being there. I am there to encourage them that there is life after toddlers. I was excited to share that I did have 2 toddlers...but they were my grandchildren. And they make me smile!!!


This little guy and the rubber band make me smile. After Mazie and Simon have come to spend time with us, I usually find these hair bands all over the house...and each time I see one, I smile.
Mr. Squiggles, this Christmas's hottest toy, was lost this Christmas. Well, personally, I think he ran away...I found him yesterday under the laundry room sink and behind the garbage can. Let me tell you, he makes me smile because I knew that when Simon found out Mr. Squiggles was found, he would be happy...so I smile.


This morning this was all started when my alarm went off and the song, "I can only imaging" was playing. The thought of standing before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Creator and sustainer of all...I thought...what makes Him smile? I know what makes me smile, all day I was aware of things that make me smile. Text messages, people, friends, phone calls...but what does He smile about in my life?

Then I realized that even if He never smiled at me because of something I have done or said*; what He did when He sent His son to die on the cross was enough. It is enough that Jesus died for me. It is enough that because of that selfless act of love, I am forgiven. It is enough that He has given me His Word to guide my days and to quiet my fears at night. It is enough...
*I do believe that He smiles at us...and maybe sometimes He cries!
When do you smile? Have you ever wondered and were aware of it for a day? Now, when do you think God smiles at you?

No comments: