Thursday, January 7, 2010

More smiles.....


Since I wrote the blog the other day, I have been very aware of what makes me smile so I thought I would add a few:

Blueberries

Raspberry canes in the winter...every field I see, I smile

Sun...just its presence makes me feel happy

Rain...in the NW this is a good thing that I still smile

Mount Baker

My Husband...after 35+ years, I still get excited when he comes home from work or I see him during the day

My daughters' voices when they call me

Betsy's ring tone...okay it is Mazie yelling, "Hi Nana. Hi Ampa. I wuv you. Bye" But right before she speaks, Betsy says, "Go" I love it. I always let it go through the entire "ring" before I answer - no matter WHERE I am.

Talking to my grandchildren on the phone and watching their serious portrayal of Mary and Joseph...

Skype
Talking to my sister with Skype and checking her kitchen counter each time...

Meeting with God in the early morning

My alarm...especially when there is a song that reverberates in my soul and carries me through the day

Friends...new and old

A clean house...especially if it is arranged differently.

Surprises...of any kind

Chats with friends

hugs


But last night we had our monthly refuge service (our communion service for our church) and what I saw there, made me smile through tears. Men kneeling at the cross, humbled and seeking Him and His presence, taking communion.

No comments: