Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let's entertain more...

Another thing that happens (and has happened for the past 35 years of our marriage) at Christmas, we talk about entertaining more at Christmas. Out in Washington, I have begun to create annual events.

Last year I had several of the ladies of the church over. These are the saints of the church who are my mentors. They age with grace and love and they show the love of Christ and the passion for Him and His ministry is amazing. We couldn't do it just one year...it wouldn't be a tradition. So we had it again this year. Helen told me that she was already looking forward to coming next year...Lord willing...(Helen is 96 and one of the most amazing woman I have know.)
We have been involved in a small group out here and for the past Christmases we have had a soup supper at our house. I make 3 different soups each year and try not to repeat one. It has become a favorite time for our group...
One of the soups this year was the Snowman Party Soup...and it was the favorite. That surprised me because we made dungeness crab bisque...which was my favorite but everyone liked the little snowman...

All of these events and the carolling at the nursing homes, the funeral home Christmas pot luck, and general shopping, running to the outlet mall with a friend...all were traditions that make the holiday season full and exciting. Traditions...like getting Christmas socks when you come to our house during Christmas...could become commonplace and unexciting...for me...these traditions, because of the people, are events that I look forward to each year.

Just wanted to catch you up on our month...more to come...you know what they say...the best is yet to come...

No comments: