Friday, September 26, 2008

God responds to our fears before we even ask...






I just finished my devotions and my children were on my heart. I wanted to share with you what God showed me today.

He showed me 5 truths:
1) Don't worry...pray; God desires to hear about your needs and wants us to thank him when he answers them. (Phil. 4:6)
2) He has a plan for us that is far greater then we could even imagine. (Jeremiah 29:11)
3) God is guarding you, He will keep you surrounded. Psalm 121:8
4) He cannot and will not forget us no matter what because our names are inscribed on the palms of His hand. (Isaiah 49:15-16)
5) The battle is not ours...we need to be still before Him and He will do our fighting for us. (Exodus 14:14)

After that I read Psalm 33 which is filled with promises and speaks of the amazing God we have. One who spoke and made the heavens. He commanded the starry host with his mouth and it came to be. If He can command the night sky in a breath, how much greater should our awe and fear be of him.

One of the things that I have done for years is to put dates and names next to verses that God gives me for particular situations. At times it is just a date, no details but other times I write just enough to remind me of the faithfulness of God.

Along side vv. 9-11 I had written that God would give you the desires of HIS heart and place it within you. Seek it and find it and set your sights on what he has chosen for you.

In March, 2004 I wrote "Give Betsy and Jon your peace today as they wait on children, your gifts." Since that time God has given them a wonderful son and a beautiful daughter. They are my grandchildren and I am reminded each time when I see or talk to them of the miracles of God's love.

Praying for me is something that, since I have become a Christ-follower, has been (many times) as normal as breathing. Both of my daughters and their families have undergone significant changes along with major moves for both of them. In my heart, I know that they are following God's leading and that His plan for them is perfect. I am not close enough to them to be there in a minute's notice. But I have a God who is watching out for them, keeping them, and caring for them.
My prayer is always that they would seek to follow His will for their lives.

1 comment:

Nana's Notes said...

Jane said: I don't care. I don't believe in peer pressure...I will not become a blogger and more importantly...I will continue to be anonymous on anyone's blog I do visit! You will have to let me know how you like blogging. So far, it is looking good! (Any pics of me make a blog good! Esp one where I am WINNING a game!)