Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just WHEN does it happen?

One day when you grow up, do you lose all of the insecurities that you have and you go out into the world and you don't worry about what other people think. Or if your hair is too short? Too long? Too fat? Too skinny (okay I have never worried about this.) When is it that you look around your world and say...I am who I want to be. I am loved and am satisfied with my life as it is.
I think I have addressed this topic before. I am taking an on-line class at ACTS Seminary. We are studying the book of Isaiah. So...part of the assignment is to post your answers on the class site...and then your classmates get to respond...and you have to respond to others also.

Today I finished lesson 2...I only have about 8 weeks left to agonize over what I said. Am I understanding the question? Am I putting too much information in the answer...too little? Am I even CLOSE to answering it?
Our teacher asked us to keep track of the time spent on the assignments...I did and sent it in for week one...he commented that if I had spent all that amount of time on the assignment...he figured I wouldn't have time to finish the rest of the assignments in the class. And my junior high insecurities kicked into high gear!!!


You know, I am the first one to tell someone that it is important to know whose you are...I am the child of the King, adopted daughter to royalty, and loved beyond measure...so WHY????? WHY?????Why am I so insecure in myself.
I guess that as we age, some faster than others, we just learn more and more to trust in God and His love for us.
Father, I can't be the only one who feels insecure today in their new job, the new place, maybe even the old place that still doesn't feel comfortable. Help us to realize that it isn't what we do, it isn't who we are, it is who we are in You. Keep our focus on You and open our eyes to our capabilities and the gifts that you have given to each one of us. Thank you for your secure arms. Help us overcome the insecurities that the enemy wants to place in our path. Thank you for your love and the strength that you give us each day...In your precious name, Amen...

No comments: